What different types of lenses are available?
- Polarized lenses: These lenses are used in sunglasses to reduce glares from reflective surfaces.
- Progressive lenses: These lenses are smooth and seamless with a progression of lens powers for vision at any distance.
- Photochromic lenses: These are lenses that darken when they are exposed to sunlight or UV rays.
- Varilux lenses: These lenses provide a better range of vision than progressive lenses.
- Digital lenses: This is a high quality lens that minimizes distortion.
- Toric lenses: These are lenses help to correct astigmatism.
- Hard or soft contact lenses: Soft lenses are healthier because they allow air and oxygen to pass through them to your eyes.
Upon visit we will recommend the best lens that will fit your eyes and your lifestyle.
How long will it take for my glasses to be made?
This depends on your prescription and the kind of lenses you will be getting. It can take from between two days to one week.
Do you take walk-in appointments?
We accept walk-ins. But we recommend to schedule an appointment in advance.
How can I prepare for an eye exam and what can I expect during the exam?
When you contact us to schedule an appointment let us know about any vision problems you are having. Your eye exam will be performed by a licensed Optometrist NYC. Before the exam your medical and vision history will be taken. Your eye exam may take from half an hour to an hour. You will be evaluated to determine the vision and the health of your eyes. The evaluation can also help to detect other health issues. Your pupils will be dilated for the exam. Be sure to bring sunglasses with you for your trip home.
What is the difference between being nearsighted versus being farsighted?
Nearsightedness means that you can see things better when they are up close rather than at a distance. Farsightedness means that you can see things better at a distance than up close. However, you may have trouble seeing things at both a distance and up close.
What types of prescription glasses do you have available?
We have prescription sunglasses, prescription sports glasses, and prescription swimming goggles.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and all major credit cards.
How can a glare on my glasses be prevented?
Anti-glare coatings are available. They prevent or reduce the effect of glares when you are under certain lighting conditions.